The innovative technology inside Xerox solid ink multifunction printers (MFPs) has given thousands of businesses around the world an easy, low-cost way to print in colour every day.
Three new MFPs, built on the award-winning ColorQube platform, will now save customers money with faster print speeds and simple-to-use features that make work easier. The new MFPs are distributed in 26 African countries by Bytes Document Solutions, a company in Bytes Technology Group, wholly owned by JSE-listed Altron.
“Companies can dramatically cut colour print costs with the Hybrid Colour Pricing Plan available on the Xerox ColorQube 9300 Series – paying only for the amount of colour on a given page. This is an important differentiation when using just a little bit of colour, such as a company logo on a letterhead,” says Erica Marks, senior product manager in the Xerox division at Bytes Document Solutions.
“The Xerox ColorQube 9200 Series broke new ground in office colour printing by turning the cost equation on its head. It gave companies an affordable way to use colour every day – something they have requested for years,” says Robert Palmer, director, InfoTrends Digital Peripherals Consulting Service.
The cartridge-free MFPs print and copy at speeds up to 55 pages per minute (ppm) in colour, 60 ppm in black and white, and they scan as fast as 60 impressions per minute in colour.
Other benefits of the ColorQube 9300 Series include: ColorQube 9300 * Colour that is noticed – Solid ink produces consistent colour prints, regardless of media type, with intuitive features like Colour by Words, a colour-editing tool that allows for accurate and vibrant colours from the first print.
*Walk-up convenience – Employees can easily print from and scan to a memory stick or thumb drive via the USB port located on the side of the MFP. This is tightly controlled for enhanced security.
* Built-in security – Image overwrite electronically “shreds” data on the MFP's hard drive, while 256-bit encryption protects information flowing through the device; it conforms to current FIPS 140-2 requirements. Network authentication prohibits unauthorised access by validating user names and passwords. PDFs are also password-protected, which means sensitive documents are protected. In addition, Smart Card e-mail encryption allows e-mails to be encrypted by using the recipient's public encryption key.
* Lower environmental impact – The ColorQube 9300 Series is Energy Star-qualified and generates up to 90% less consumable and packaging waste than comparable laser devices. It includes only one replaceable component – a cleaning unit with 65% longer life - an average of 330 000 prints. This supports customers' sustainability drive. In addition, power consumption is down by 17%.
A list of key features in the new ColorQube include:
* Enhanced processor: Up to 1.5GHz, from 1GHz
* Hard drive increased from 80GB to 160GB
* Enhanced productivity: Faster duplex printing, with new cleaning unit and software improvements
* Optimised image processing means improved first set out time for complex landscape images
* Significantly enhanced image quality
* The Banner Sheet Feature has been renamed Job Identification, as this better reflects the feature's name
* Cost reduction through user permissions, which restrict printing to users based on colour, time of day, job type and application.